Jersey Sniffing
http://mgoblue.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=18402
Sports talk radio went berserk over the new University of Michigan jerseys, portrayed and explained on the U of M website. The uniform is the icon of the team; the players change somewhat every year, but a change in the uniform is a major event. Callers in were uniformly hostile. Oddly, no one complained of making the maize and blue a billboard for Nike. The Dodger wonders whether the uniforms were free to Michigan.
BrooklynDodger noted with interested that the unique Michigan helmet [not counting Delaware and Princeton (in another color) appeared in 1938.
While we are on uniforms, the Dodger wonders what the most frequent color is in college and pro schemes. The Dodger had thought that blue was most prominent. The Big 10 + 1 admitted a third blue team with Penn State, but the others are two blacks, three shades of red, a green, and a purple.


1 Comments:
The problem is, those new uniforms make them look like the University of West Virginia. I have no problem with that school as an institution, but if I'm talking football tradition, I think I want to take U-M.
Post a Comment
<< Home